When my oldest turned 16, she wanted a Great Gatsby themed birthday party. The book is among her favorites.
We requested that everyone dress in 1920s styles. Everyone who did looked fabulous!
We had our living room decked out with candles, gold, silver, tulips, roses, and black and white feathers.
We had cards on one of the tables so people could play whatever card game they wanted to play.
We served salad, chicken salad and tuna salad with croissants, a fruit tray, a cheese tray, peanut butter and jelly sandwich fixin’s (because Peter Pan peanut butter and Wonder Bread came out in the 1920s.), a ham with a cherry glaze, homemade chocolate covered strawberries (gag me…that’s how much I love that kid) and macaroons.
We poorly attempted a game of croquet.
We played roulette.
We offered a DIY mocktail area with all the ingredients and some recipes.
We had our traditional trivia game.
ROARING 20S TRIVIA
- TRUE OR FALSE: THE GREAT GATSBY ONLY SOLD 20,000 COPIES DURING ITS ENTIRE FIRST YEAR OF PUBLICATION.
- IN THE GREAT GATSBY, WHAT IS TOM’S GIRLFRIEND’S NAME? (A) BEVERLY (B) MYRTLE (C) LILLIE
- WHO WAS DRIVING THE CAR THAT KILLED TOM’S GIRLFRIEND?
- WHAT COLOR IS THE LIGHT ACROSS THE WATER AT THE END OF TOM AND DAISY’S DOCK?
- WHO MADE THE FIRST TRANSATLANTIC FLIGHT IN 1927?
- TRUE OR FALSE: BY 1923, MAH JONGG SETS WERE OUTSELLING RADIOS.
- THE LEADER OF THE CHICAGO OUTFIT OF ORGANIZED CRIME WAS (A) AL CAPONE (B) JACKIE THE LACKEY (C) HARVEY JOHN BAILEY
- WHAT WAS THE MAJOR ART STYLE OF THE 1920S?
We all had a really fun time with our really amazing 16 year old!!